Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A little mid-week link blogging

Just a few odds and ends in no particular order:

  • I'm usually not a fan of "clever" art, but these are just cool.

  • Considering how much I dislike J-Lo, this track really is strangely addictive (though not as much as this). I suppose any thing gets better when you add Stevie Wonder.

  • I'm giving serious consideration to taking a few art history classes next semester over at the U. Not really in love with the idea of Art in the Dark, but there are some definite gaps in my knowledge that could stand filling.

  • Soma FM is already streaming Christmas music. A few minutes ago, as i was about to get up, they started playing Jimmy McGriff's version of "Santa Claus is Coming/White Christmas" and I suddenly found that I couldn't get up until it was over.

  • In answer to Dwayne: Rope, Top Hat, My Man Godfrey, Metropolis, Citizen Kane, It's a Wonderful Life, Duck Soup, Adams Rib, Double Indemnity, and All Quiet on the Western Front.

  • For anyone who's interested, don't forget that the Leonids peak on Saturday night.



[edit] Looks like the Leonids might not happen here after all... damnit.[/edit]

2 comments:

Dwayne Butcher said...

nothing exciting to post about recently?

Justin W. McGregor said...

Not really. My first and last experience at the MCA holiday bizarre wasn't exactly worth writing about, Thanksgiving involved a funeral (something I try to avoid writing about here) and this week has been cramming for my online final (which I have to take tomorrow).

I want to take a study break to write about the shows last night (I loved the new work at David’s), but we'll see how prepared I feel for my test in the next few hours.