Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Dig the new tunes

Found a couple of new interesting bits of music this week (both via Boing Boing [1, 2]).

First, I have a new festival to dream of going to (along with Montreaux, Newport, and Burning Man): behold Chillits. MP3’s (and torrents) are available of this year’s participants. I particularly liked DF Tram’s set, but I haven’t made it through them all yet. I also liked his quote about the festival: “This is music best enjoyed horizontally.”

Secondly, CultureBully has posted his ten favorite mashups of the year. There was a healthy smattering of dj BC stuff in there as well as some cat’s I’d not heard of. I’m not sure all of them would land on my personal “best of” list, but they're still very definitely worth your time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow thanks for posting those!


yeah that DF Tram set is pretty amazing , the only tune i recognized though was "on top of spaghetti "

hehe